Monday, February 2, 2009

Release the Lid; Mighty Morphin' Thought Processes

Richie had the right idea when he released Mordecai to the sky above Archer Ave. Go forth and spread good will, wise bird. Regain your independence. No matter how tattered or discolored your feathers become, you're bound to find your place among the land(s).

I heard that it was going to snow again tonight. What a fucking cop out. I walked a few miles today, and I was apparently spoiled by the baking sun. I think I might buy a case of beer.

currently downloading:
That's right. The first two seasons in all their glory for my viewing pleasure are currently queued and ready to roll. I think this further solidifies my geekdom. I always found the racial insensitivity astounding, being that Zach was the black ranger and Trini was the yellow ranger. Oh, and let us not rule out the misogynistic undertones. Kimberly was the pink ranger, complete with a stupid skirt in an attempt to differentiate her gender from the others, which brings up another bone to pick; Trini was female, and she lacked a skirt. Was Saban so bold as to imply that viewers should regard only Anglo-European women as "sexy"? Or was Trini, perhaps, not cool with the skirt idea when they were "picking outfits"? Let's face the facts. Kimberly was a bombshell to any eight year old boy. She was also the prototypical California girl (pre-Paris Hilton), who loved to rock side ponytails and Diadora gear. She would be totally down with a skirt, I suppose, while Trini was an introverted, confident ass kicker. No skirt was required to show that she had moves (and hips). Kimberly's pink bow and arrow win over Trini's yellow daggers any day, however. Zach's huge fucking axe takes the cake.

I can't wait to shovel my brains out.

No comments:

Post a Comment